LinkedIn Desktop Redesign Puts Conversations and Content at the Center
Making it Easier than Ever to Be Productive and Successful
Today, we are excited to share our new look! This complete overhaul of our technology architecture is the largest desktop redesign since LinkedIn’s inception. Something we’ve taken the time and investment to build from the ground up and in concert with our new mobile app, to provide a LinkedIn experience that is more intuitive, faster and creates more value for you. Our goal is to ensure you can seamlessly access the most relevant professional conversations, content and opportunities whether you’re on our mobile app or on our desktop experience.
Most importantly, this desktop redesign brings conversations and content to the heart of the platform, so you can more easily share ideas, join a discussion, and discover news and topics you care about.
Here are a few enhancements we think you’ll enjoy most:
- Streamlined navigation: There are now seven core areas on the bar navigation — Home (Your Feed), Messaging, Jobs, Notifications, Me, My Network, and Search. With one simple click on the “more” icon on the navigation bar you can also launch into other experiences that matter to you, like LinkedIn Learning.
- Smarter messaging that helps you connect and unlock new opportunities: With our new real-time messaging interface, you can message a connection wherever you are on LinkedIn. We’ll also start serving up insights across the site to help you break the ice in any conversation and connect you to your next opportunity. For example, if you see a new job posting you’re interested in, we’ll suggest someone within your network who works at the company.
- Richer Feed to keep you informed: With a combination of algorithms and human editors working together, we’ve fine tuned your Feed to surface the most relevant content from people and publishers you care most about. We’ll also be adding new ways for you to dive deep into specific topics relevant to you and follow trending stories.
- More intuitive search: You now have one universal search box to easily find people, jobs, companies, groups and schools. You can refine your search by using filter options on the right hand side, with the ability to search posts coming soon. Also, we’re investing further to better understand signals on what they searching for? Or who you are searching for so we can bring you the best results for any search query.
- Greater insight into who’s viewing your content: You can now see who’s reading and engaging with the content you share, including the company, job title and location of the people who are interested in your updates.
- Better suggestions to make your profile stand out: We’ve improved profile suggestions so you can more easily see what you need to do to look your best professionally, for example, suggested skills based on what recruiters are searching for.
You’ll also see that the navigation on desktop has also been simplified into seven core areas — Home (Your Feed), Messaging, Jobs, Notifications, Me, My Network, and Search. With one simple click on the “more” icon on the navigation bar you can also launch into other experiences that matter to you, like LinkedIn Learning.
These changes put more emphasis on helping you be more productive and stay ahead in your career. For commonly asked questions, check out the LinkedIn Help Center. If you haven’t yet experienced our new simplified design, you will soon as we will be rolling out to all members globally over the coming weeks.